The annual Acupuncture Awareness Week celebrations will soon be here: this year it runs from 6th – 12th March, and aims to increase people’s awareness of just how many conditions Acupuncture can support.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Acupuncture is often only thought of for treating pain, but it is in fact a complete medical system that can help with almost any health condition you might have!
The spread of Acupuncture
TCM Acupuncture is a traditional healing method originating from China over 2500 years ago. Unlike many traditional healing techniques which remain localised to a specific culture, the power and popularity of acupuncture has spread rapidly across the world, with acupuncture practitioners now working in hundreds of countries. Here in the UK 2.3 million people enjoy acupuncture treatments every year!
One of the most popular reasons for clients coming to my clinic is pain relief. TCM Acupuncture has been show to effectively relieve pain of all kinds;
- Sports injuries
- Chronic back pain: I see many clients with back problems and am registered as a practitioner with BackCare the national back and neck pain charity.
- Labour pain
- Even surgical pain! In fact, no deaths have ever been reported from acupuncture analgesia, unlike prescription and over-the-counter pain relief medications. In China acupuncture is often used in surgery to reduce the need for anaesthesia drugs – and may even replace the need for anaesthesia altogether in certain circumstances.
World Health Organisation Endorsement
In 2002 the WHO published a detailed report evaluating the evidence and research supporting TCM Acupuncture as an effective healthcare option for a vast range of conditions.
Acupuncture has so much to offer for health and wellbeing! This is a taster of the many health conditions TCM Acupuncture can be used for;
- Insomnia: ear acupuncture and acupressure has a hypnotic effect and can help improve sleep patterns
- Allergies: acupuncture has been shown to be more effective than anti-histamine drugs for relieving allergic rhinitis
- Bronchial asthma
- Morning sickness
- Nausea: both unexplained nausea and nausea related to chemotherapy treatment
- Blood pressure regulation: both high and low blood pressure can be managed with acupuncture
- Anxiety: Anxiety UK, the national charity for supporting anxiety sufferers recommends me as an approved practitioner
- Digestive health: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, indigestion, bloating – find relief with acupuncture!
- Skin conditions: itchy, painful inflamed skin conditions can be alleviated with TCM Acupuncture
- Weight loss
- Quitting smoking and other addictions: auricular acupuncture is particularly beneficial for quitting smoking. I am a Gold Award Therapist with the National Stop Smoking Centre!
As you can see, TCM Acupuncture works on the body rebalancing all its systems and restoring health and vitality.
If you’d like to find out more about how TCM Acupuncture could help you regain your well-being call me, Tiziana, TODAY on 07788 633292 or email at email@example.com.