Anxiety & Acupuncture Natural Treatment Research Project
Stress, anxiety and depression affect people of all ages and can strike at anytime in life. In my Clinic I see the profound negative effects these conditions have on my clients’ lives, but also, the amazing benefits of natural treatments like Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Acupuncture can bring.
Because of this I am thrilled to be taking part in a national research project between Anxiety UK, the national charity for anxiety sufferers, and the British Acupuncture Council.
The aim of this project is to strengthen the evidence base for TCM Acupuncture as a way to manage anxiety disorders and to support the establishment of acupuncture as a treatment option for members of Anxiety UK.
According to Anxiety UK:
- 20% of students suffer mental health problems whilst away at university
- ¼ of Generalised Anxiety Disorder sufferers are aged over 50 yet only one third of them receive any treatment
- 70 million sick days are lost to Stress, Anxiety and Depression each year in the UK, costing our economy between £70-100 billion
These are shocking statistics and this is just the tip of the iceberg! The stigma of mental health issues stops many people from asking for help and support and they end up carrying the burden alone, becoming increasingly isolated and distressed.
How Can TCM Acupuncture Help Treat Anxiety?
Stress, anxiety and depression affect every organ and system in your body. This makes TCM Acupuncture a perfect mode of treatment as it is holistic in nature, balancing every aspect of your wellbeing.
- Regulating the balance of mood chemicals in the brain known as neurotransmitters
- Reducing sensitivity to stress and pain
- Promoting relaxation and down regulating the ‘analytical’ side of the brain – this part of the brain feeds negative internal chatter and anxious thoughts!
- Reducing anti-inflammatory compounds which become elevated when stressed
My treatments are safe and effective and can be used alongside conventional medications such as tranquilisers and anti-depressants and may even help reduce any unwanted drug side effects.
Are you overwhelmed with stress and constant demands?
Exhausted, anxious and fearful every day?
Are your relationships suffering because these feelings?
To book a session, contact me today. I am one of the UK’s top 3 Acupuncturists and have many years experience effectively and naturally supporting clients with stress, anxiety and depression.
Regain your energy and enjoyment of life again: call me on 07788 633292 or email at email@example.com