Endometriosis relief – How Acupuncture Can Help
Endometriosis is a painful, life-limiting condition affecting around 1.5million women in the UK. It is caused when endometrial tissue (the tissue that lines the womb) grows outside of the womb. It can grow on the ovaries, fallopian tube, bladder bowel – even the lungs, brain and eyes can be affected.
Because these growths are made of womb tissue, they respond to hormonal fluctuations throughout the menstrual cycle and can even bleed during menstruation.
Endometriosis can develop with very few symptoms and some women are unaware that they have it.
Signs and symptoms of the condition include:
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhoea)
- Pain during sex
- Pain when passing urine or a bowel movement
- Back pain
- Pain radiating down legs
- Heavy periods and bleeding between periods
- Bleeding via bowel, bladder, lungs, eyes
- Constipation / diarrhoea – IBS type symptoms
What causes Endometriosis?
The exact cause often remains unclear but contributing factors include;
- Imbalanced hormone levels with high levels of oestrogen
- ‘Retrograde menstruation’ where menstrual blood flows back up into the womb
- Elevated levels of inflammatory chemicals in the body
- Exposure to environmental pollutants such as hormone disrupting chemicals found in plastics and pesticides
- Genetic predisposition
How can Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture help with Endometriosis?
I have successfully worked with a wide range of female hormonal complaints, including endometriosis. TCM Acupuncture is an ideal modality for managing the condition as it takes an holistic approach, focusing on the efficient flow of Qi (pronounced ‘chee’) throughout the body, particularly in relation to the reproductive and detoxification organs.
I look at a woman’s hormone balance, stress levels, detoxification pathways and levels of pain and inflammation – all these aspects play a part in the development of endometriosis.
For example, if a lady is particularly stressed and not eating properly, she is likely to have higher levels of inflammation and not be detoxifying hormones as effectively as she could. Therefore, managing her stress levels and liver energy is an important part of the treatment.
TCM Acupuncture has been proven to support relief from endometriosis by:
- Providing pain relief
- Reducing inflammation
- Balancing prostaglandins: these are chemical messengers that influence pain and inflammation in the body
- Promoting relaxation
Endometriosis UK talk – discover more about the benefits of Acupuncture!
In January 2017, I will be presenting a talk here in York to my local branch of Endometriosis UK, the nationwide charity supporting women with this debilitating condition. For more details please contact me as soon as possible.
Gain freedom from the pain, and find relief from Endometriosis today.
Take your first step towards hormonal balance and pain-free periods – contact me, Tiziana, NOW on 07788 633292 or email at email@example.com